While I was wiping E's hands last night I noticed he had some black streaks down one of his fingers. He had been playing outside, and I figured he had gotten some paint on his fingers and it was sticking.
This morning, while wiping his hands again, I noticed that the little streaks were still there. So I dragged him over to some natural light and realized that it wasn't paint on his little finger there were MILLIONS of tiny little splinters.
So instead of digging them all out right then and there I had to come up with a plan that took them out in stages. Yes, there were that many.
Around nap time I thought was a good time for stage one. Thank goodness for diabetic supplies. I always have alcohol pads and lancets at my disposal. Everyone should keep a lancet handy, they have many great uses.....all of them involve digging something out of someone else.
I proceeded to dig splinters out while K sat on the toilet with the can of smell good spray singing and distracting E. Can you just picture this.....I mean really pitiful.
Lets not forget that earlier in the day he rammed his eye into the naughty chair and has a new black eye. I had to bribe the kid with jelly beans just to put ice on it.
Black eye + ice = screaming
splinters+ tweezers + digging= giggling, interestingly enough
17 splinters later, no kidding, I neared the end of my nursing duties. I think the remaining ones are so tiny they will just fall out.
We need sandpaper....somewhere around here......
Quick Bread Recipes
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment