It's been quite awhile since I have blogged about anything. It's not that I have forgotten. It's not that I don't want to. It's time. It takes a lot of time to categorize your daily stories. Write about them....and sometimes it takes and eternity to post pictures. So you have to figure that in too.
So maybe, just maybe if I start working on it...with reckless dedication I might finally post some pictures of Valentines Day.....or Christmas.....or maybe, I'll just save all of those fun little stories for a rainy day.
Today was W-I-N-D-Y. So I used the wind to help pick up all of the leaves in the flower beds. So maybe the leaves blew into my neighbors yard, and maybe I accidentally sucked up some wood chips in the mulcher, nonetheless it was a productive day uncovering the new growth of many plants. Man, I wish we could figure out the whole compost thing.
While uncovering the front bushes I uncovered an egg. Now, if you read this blog you know we have wild pet ducks. I think they might have been trying to find a "place" for a nest. Anyway, I was shocked to find it, but not surprised. So of course I called the kids over for an inspection. It was cold and definitely an abandoned egg, otherwise I wouldn't have called them over. K promptly picked it up, great.....and then started rocking it and saying she would take care of it and keep it warm. How does she know stuff?
Anyway, we placed it back where I had found it half in the dirt, half out and covered it back up. I'm kinda wondering if some rodent didn't put it there. No.....I won't let my mind go there.
We clean up the garden and went ahead and planted beets and kale. Inside we made peat pots of watermelon, ornamental peppers, basil and pickling cukes. The garden has already sprouted some great garlic chives.
Gardening is a great thing for kids to do. E dug about 50 holes today, and K really wanted to get in there and do some planting. She kept saying when we came in for lunch, "Wow, we've worked really hard today!"
Yes we did, and I'm sure my body needs some Advil.
Quick Bread Recipes
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment