Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big bubbles...little bubbles....

I love bubbles.






When I was working outside of the home I kept around a tiny flask of bubbles in my desk while most of my colleagues kept rum in theirs. I blew them at people...because when the drama gets to be too much, blow bubbles. They proved to be a good stress reliever, and saved me more than once from unleashing my fury on someone....oh my, the drama of that J-O-B.


My kids love bubbles. I'm glad they love them for a different reason. I blew a lot of bubbles when they were little, because when kids are tiny who doesn't need to blow away drama....and dirty diapers.


So, today we made our own bubble wands. I would have made the suds too, but glycerin seems to be only sold on the black market around here, and I know nothing about the black market in Kansas, but I could hook you up with some people on the express bus in downtown Chicago.



These were some BIG bubbles. So big in fact that my children thought they were going to be able to climb inside and be whisked away. They dream big.


We had so much fun, minus the screaming match that occurred after the wands actually had to "share" a bubble tub, and minus the tangled mess we had when two certain children decided to push and shove and tangle up the strings on the bubble wands. I had to blow some bubbles after that.




We had our little friend Piper come over and play too, and we added another tub to avoid me having to blow more bubbles for myself. Piper informed me that I should have made 3 wands...I'll get right on that. On the other hand the wands were easy to construct and cheap entertainment that can last year after year.
It took a little practice, but I'm sure the Bubble Man would be proud of these kids.

No comments: