Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Pantry Eater

So, I've been baking, and cooking a lot lately. It just so happens that today I needed to finish some appetizers for a friend who has having a party, and I was on a very tight time crunch. When that happens, well lets face it, the kids are on their own....basically. They both stay close to me, so I'm never really worried that anything is amuck. However today, well lets just say that Evan found something he really wanted in the pantry.

And he was bound and determined to make it his..........

What is it you ask??? Cause on first glance it does look like a piece of poop.

Ahh, but you would be wrong, it is in fact a square of chocolate almond bark. Look at the tiny little teeth marks! I wondered why he kept returning to the cabinet, staying for a bit, shutting the door and then going off to play. He must have done it for like 30 minutes before I caught on to his little plan.

I was pretty proud of him for being so dang inventive. And I left it there so perhaps tomorrow we will see if he remembers that he has a little snack behind door number one!

No comments: