I know, it's been forever since I have posted anything on our dear little piece of the web, but man have we been busy. So busy in fact that there hasn't been any time to actually sit and write about all of the things that we HAVE been doing! So, now that school is starting back in full swing and the crisp weather is just around the corner again hopefully I will spend more time at my keyboard.....but maybe not.
We have spent time this summer in our garden, playing in the water, going to vacation bible school, celebrating my parents 40th anniversary at Lake of the Ozarks, going to the library, and doing a kitchen remodel. Yes, it's been crazy! More posts to come on all of the mentioned above craziness I'm sure.....so today I will start working backwards with a funny conversation with Kira at breakfast.
"Mommy, I know what I want to be when I grow up." (which by the way has been a firefighter) "Really, what Kira?"
" I want to be just like my mom."
Wow, that's a lot to live up to. I mean she's only 4, and I try to be the very best Mommy to both of my kids....but there are days when, wow......I need a vacation some days. So my heart is filled with love gushing out all over the place....and I'm thinking I'm someones hero....someone wants to be just like me....wow.
And then this came out of her dear little mouth...
"Hey, Evan, do you want to be just like Daddy?" (To which Evan replied, NO...sorry Lynn) Well I want to be just like Mommy so I can wear her shoes."
Insert fast breaking car sound here.......WHAT???? She wants to be like me for my shoes?????
Wow. All I can say is wow.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You must have some really cool shoes!!! :)
Post a Comment