Well, the weekend of all weekends has come. K and E will be heading to Winfield for the Great Galliart Campout. K's only been talking about it for months. I'm pretty sure that she will continue to talk about it even when it's over because she loves to go to Winfield. Especially to camp.
This morning the conversation in the car to pre-school went something like this:
M: So, what do you think you will do at pre-school today?
K: Well, I'm going to tell everyone that I'm going camping. It's so fun. I love Winfield, I want to live there. I wonder what side of the tent I'm going to sleep on?
M: Well, it's nice you have grandparents there to visit.
K: Well, it's good for me to and E to go to Winfield because Daddy's going to take you out.
M: Yes
K: You like to go out. It's so special to do that without me and Evan. You don't have to worry about him crawling under the table Mommy. You know we will miss you, and Evan might be sad, but it will be OK because we will see you the next day.
M: Do you know where Daddy is taking me?
K: No, someplace special, and you know what? I get to eat smores!!
M: Yep, and I will have to pack your sleeping bag.
K: Mom, they have a bed in the tent. I don't need a sleeping bag, they will put some snuggly sheets on it.
So, maybe she's missing the whole part of true camping, but hey, it's a start.
I think it's pretty obvious that my kids love me, but they know I need a break from them every once in awhile. I thought it was funny that she told everyone at school that she gets to sleep out in a tent. Hopefully the wind will die down by then because it's sure blowing enough here to blow the whole tent across the yard!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so sweet. Hope you have fun with your hubby. I bet the men love the campout as much as the kiddos :)
Post a Comment