Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Car Repair Shops

For the last 2 days we have had one car. It's not been a really big deal since I'm at home, but I have had to play chauffeur to Lynn, which takes a lot of my time and the kids are getting sick of being in the car.
Our Pacifica is under warranty from the dealership. I took it in a year ago because the gas pedal stuck on me when I was ramping up on the highway, and the power steering goes out when going through any sort of water on the road. Both conditions I pray that no one ever has to encounter.
So, a year ago I took it in. Of course the dealership thought I was a nut job. They said that my car mat is what made the accelator stick, whatever....and they couldn't reproduce the power steering failure.
Well, after a year with a lot of rain and puddles I finally deduced that it was water that was causing the power steering failure. There have been a few close calls with that, and I'm pretty sure that any driver would want me to get it fixed. So I made an appointment, and took it in on Monday. After several phone calls with updates the business office told me that they were not able to reproduce the failure. I said, find a puddle go through it. And then followed up with, you need to find a way to reproduce it because I'm not coming to pick up a car that hasn't been fixed. Of course I was nice about it....they are dealing with my car here. Then I mentioned that maybe it was missing a part, or some type of covering that was allowing the water to get up in the belts. Well, they took that idea and ran with it and last night I got the call that yes, it seemed to be missing a part.
Well, HALLELUJAH!!!! I can't help but think though that while they had my precious mode of transportation that they were doing this....

When I picked up the car this evening it seems to be fixed....although I have not driven through any water yet. It got a nice bath, and I got a nice bill for $0. Perfect. Maybe my talent is really a mechanic? All in all, I love my Pacifica, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. And really, I have to admit that the dealership was pretty awesome in dealing with me. I'm glad that I can tell them how to do their job. :)

No comments: