Thursday, September 24, 2009

These are the Days of our Lives.....

I know you can almost hear that familiar sounds of that daytime TV music. I know I can as I type this, only because I left the dang TV on, and I can't find the remote....again.
What is the draw to soap operas? I mean, seriously? I have to admit that I watched a few during the summer when I was probably in Middle School, maybe a tad bit younger. Yes, I did Mom....but I think you knew that already. I have vivid memories of Scott and I watching Santa Barbara during "quiet time". We had to keep the TV really quiet so Mom didn't know we had it on, but we did watch it. All summer long. Don't let Scott tell you he didn't either, he did. Ahhh, those were the days of Cruz, who was a detective....and so cute.

Anyway, there is something about soap operas.....that pulls young kids in. What is it????? This is what I caught Kira doing after the 11:30 news....
Yes she sure did. Pulled up her bean bag right to the big screen and was immersed in DRAMA and smut. I would like to think that she would think that our lives are dramatic enough, but sadly she is so drawn to the fake drama on TV. Will this make her better adept to dealing with real life? Ha ha.
Whatever it is that they do, music, quick scenes or whatever it's disturbing that a four year old would like it.
And Mom, don't think that I don't remember that you watch General Hospital for a short time. I remember you saying it was nap time at the old house as soon as that ambulance raced across the TV screen. :)

No comments: