Anyway, he didn't want people to bend over backwards to celebrate....I know, I can't believe it either, but I didn't want the day to pass without a cake, so he got a cake. And it was good.....so good. Lynn says that you have to have ice cream with cake. I mean, I've heard of doing that, but every single time, no. And, BTW Lynn, when you read this, I DO NOT WANT ICE CREAM WITH MY BIRTHDAY CAKE. So, every year, with every birthday, we buy ice cream, because in Lynn's mind you can't have just one. Anyway, we've come across some tasty ice cream at Dillons that even I like. It's called the Party Pail, and it's only 2.99 on sale, which they have it on sale often. It's really pretty good for store ice cream, especially the vanilla.
Lynn is ummm, middle aged. So, you would think that his request for a cake would be somewhat sophisticated. Nope. Phineas and Ferb. That's right. And if you don't know who they are then you don't watch the Disney Channel. I have to admit, the cartoon is very funny for adults. So Lynn and I both get a kick out of watching it.....and I have to admit that we even watch it when the kids are asleep....shhhh. So Lynn was graced with Phineas and Ferb, in royal icing. Which by the way Kira said she would have rather seen in 3-D, dang that girl. "Mommy, next time can you make them standing up?" ha ha. It was hard enough to make them laying down.

1 comment:
I'm with ya, Lynn...gotta have ice cream with the cake! It's so much better that way. AND each bite has to have a little cake and a little ice cream.
Come on Erin, you're a regular 'ol Betty Crocker! How hard is it to get those characters in 3-D?!? Just kidding...I haven't even made my hubby a cake in years. Bless you for the weekend long celebration. I hope YOU get yours in November :)
Post a Comment