Saturday, September 5, 2009

We think our tractor's sexy

We are cheap....and we love "free" entertainment. Ok, well we like to spend money too, but its fun to save money or get a great deal, who doesn't like that?
Well, about two weeks ago our free entertainment was riding the escalators at the mall. This week....it's the lawn mower, and riding in the little cart that it pulls.
Last year we put the kids in it and they were scared to death. I mean, screaming and kicking their legs that they were NOT going anywhere in this cart. So, I was a little bit hesitant about getting the cart out and putting them in it, but I had some stuff (what I mean by stuff is a trashcan full of weeds that weight about 250 lbs.) I needed to haul out of the back yard, so I thought it was the perfect time to try it out.
And oh man, did they have a GREAT time.

I felt a little bad cause ya know this is Daddy's mower.....and his baby. So, I drove them around for awhile and then I let Daddy experience their joy at the new ride when he got home from work. He ran them around the yard until the gas ran out. They were so sad, but then they perked up again when I told them we could play tag....which is their new favorite game, dammit. Maybe I'll start running.......ha ha ha, naw.


So, I've thought that maybe I should start keeping a list of "fun free things to do" in the area.....there are way more things that are free entertainment to a 4 and a 2 year old than I thought!

No comments: