So, we enrolled her in Gymnastics, which she loves. Well, she's only been once, but ever since she went she has been asking when she can go back. Her coaches are Mark and Penny Folger of Folgers Gymnastics in Andover, but they travel to Maize to teach the classes. I've only met Mark so far, but he is great with Kira, and already was giving her compliments on her strength and her ability to have nice straight arms on the bars. Yes, bars. They had them up on bars the very first night!!!
The pictures I took aren't very good, because I all I took with me was my cell phone camera. They divided the class into 3 ability groups. Kira was in the middle group. There were older kids in the top groups, and 3 year olds in the lowest group. Each group rotated to 3 different stations. One was bars, one with the balance beam, yes....it was 2 feet off the ground at least, and the last group was tumbling. I was very impressed with the way the coaches were teaching them the fundamentals of everything, and they were so patient!
I've already decided that if this is something that Kira really wants to continue to do I will drive all the way to Andover if I have to to take her to practices. I might have to re-think that when it actually comes, but I was so impressed with the coaches, and maybe I have a Mary Lou in my midst???
No comments:
Post a Comment