Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Beanie Weenies

I love beanie weenies. I'm not afraid to say it, nor do I make any apologies for it. I've tried to get my kids to love them just as much as I, but they have not been interested.
So, once again I made them for lunch, because I was needing them, and they are super easy to make. My mom used to make them with ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. I on the other hand like faster and less messy, I hate to measure brown sugar. All of those things that my mom added are in a good BBQ sauce....so I use Sweet Baby Rays, just a squirt and throw the pork n' beans and hot dogs in a pan and heat.
Kira asked what we were having, and I said beans......and weenies. Weenies?? Mom, you mean hot dogs. Nope, I mean weenies. I think maybe being funny about it got her to try them. She loves beans, and hot dogs, so why wouldn't she like them together?
Well, I watched her take a bite. And after the first bite I knew she was mine....enveloped in the BBQ bliss of beanie weenies.....she was in heaven.
And she ate 3 helpings. E on the other hand was more interested in the mongo grapes I bought for him at Dillons. It can't be good to eat grapes the size of plums, really.
She's asked for them again for lunch....lets not ruin a good thing here....we'll wait a few days. I'm thrilled though that she likes them!

3 comments:

Traci said...

I love it too when the boys decide they love some silly food that I love and is easy to fix...I think it makes Jim mad!?!?

P.S. You ARE my BFF...forever...
that's just a joke Jamie and I have, I really hardly know her at all...

Erin said...

I'd better be your BFF forever ever...dang it. :) There shouldn't be anything in this world that shopping cart rides, mexican food and golden heels can't fix. Love you!

Traci said...

I still tell people about you pushing me in the shopping cart...the security camera's always worked double time when we were there...and the shoe dept workers worked their a$$@# off after we left!!!