Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dear Realtives in Washington State,

Dear Relatives in Washington State,
We know you grow apples there, and we are requesting a box of Honeycrisp apples. They are by far the BEST apples that we have ever eaten, even Lynn will eat them. We could quite possibly eat a Honeycrisp at every meal, and have come close to doing that for about the last week and a half. I'm pretty sure that Adam tempted Eve with a Honeycrisp. How could she say no?? She probably ate more than one that fateful day. At least I could understand her reasoning, they're good.
There is a problem. They are EXPENSIVE. They are on "sale" this week at target for I believe 2.99#. I bought them at Dillons last week for 5.99 for itty bitty ones in a bag. So I figure you can get them way cheaper there. Since it will be so costly to ship them we are requesting that you load them up in your HHR, pack and suitcase and come see us. This would really kill 2 birds with one stone...we get our apples and you can see your grandkids/niece and nephew. Although, I would hate for you to kill 2 birds, so no stone throwing is required.

Love from BEEF country,
Lynn, Erin, Kira and Evan

PS.....For those of you that have never tried a Honeycrisp, spend the money. They are simply divine. We have only know about them for a few years after Caro and my parents gave us some from Minneapolis. Ahhh, MN....we love you dear state of MN.....some day I will live amongst all of you smart people up there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you got us there. We have not heard of Honeycrisp apples but we will certainly look for them and let you know.

Michele

Christie's Endless Craze said...

The local farmer's market here in Manhattan had honeycrisps for 99 cents/each today. I bought 4. I will think of you when I eat them.