Friday, January 15, 2010

A Fishless Tank

Evan and I did a project together this morning while Kira was away at school.
SURPRISE DADDY!!!
I got down the fish tank from our storage area. Now, this tank has never been used for fish, it once housed Little Dude the escaping hamster....who was loving laid to rest in our backyard years ago. He was a cool little hamster, and at times Lynn's best study buddy when it came to getting his MBA. Anyway, I thought it was time to either use the tank, or get rid of it.....so Evan and I cleaned it up. What a helper he was!! I told him I would only let him have the fish tank if he promised to help clean it and take care of whatever may come to live in it......possibly nothing! :)
Here he is pointing out the pink rocks he chose. He could have had white, and man was Kira mad about that!

Looking for the fish that don't exsist......

So, right now I have a very happy 2 1/2 year old little boy who has a fishless tank. And, he's totally ecstatic about it, although he keeps saying fish fish to me. All I know is that this time Lynn isn't picking any fish out. The last one he got for Kira was $.26 at Walmart.....and it's now about 8 inches long in her 10 gallon aquarium. Boo (the fish) will be 3 next month, she's taken very good care of him. We're pretty sure it got in the wrong tank and is some kind of a Koi.

No comments: