Evan and Daddy received a very special gift from Grammy Bonnie a few days ago. Another box from Grammy= two very excited children!

And this was a very very very special gift indeed. Lynn knew about it, but waited until we opened the box to say anything. Grammy got Evan his own bomber jacket.

Complete with name patch and everything! His name patch has Grandpa Carl's rank and rate on it


Also included in the box was Carl's bomber jacket that has been mended. What a special treasure for Lynn. He opened it up and said oh wow, I think this is my dad's jacket, but his had a tear in the cuff. Come to find out Grammy had it fixed good as new!


He's ready for the flight deck......or maybe just a trip to Midway which is one of the ships that Grandpa Carl used to work that has now been
decommissioned and turned into a museum. Lynn and I went with Carl and Bonnie when I was
pregnant with K. If anyone watched the
Bachelor it was also featured in a previous season because you can rent it out for special events.
Evan spent this morning.....all morning wearing the jacket around the house.
I know that Grandpa Carl would have been so proud of both of our kids. We know that he's watching over them each day, and they need it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment