Why do kids love doors so much? Evan is completely satisfied opening and closing doors all day long. I think maybe it has to do with now he actually can reach the door knobs.
So on to how to fix this problem????
1. Shove a washcloth, towel or anything that resembled dirty clothes under the door so it would not move. It takes a LOT of dirty clothes to make this happen, and really it wasn't the best solution as now we were tripping over the pile of clothes now propping open the door.
2. Take the door of the hinges. You think I'm kidding, but while Lynn was at work one day I'd had enough. Off came the door and I stored it in the bathroom. No, it was convenient, but the kids thought it was really cool that I could hammer on a door for awhile and remove it completely.
3. Go to dollar tree, and for one dollar, yes just a dollar you can get 3, yes 3 plastic door stops!!! Wahoo! This has worked for us for many months......but guess what happened last week??
Yep, Evan learned how to take it in and out.
4. Let the door slamming begin. He's going to get his fingers smashed. It's a fact. I've done my best to prevent it as you can see, but eventually it's going to happen. And when it does I've prepared myself with lots of hugs and kisses and band-aids.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment