My bucket list contains many things, some small and some big. I've been trying to live in the moment and do some of the things that I've always wanted to do. So, with Spring Break comes some extra time for doing just that......check Making Tamales off the list. I've always wanted to make Tamales since I started working at my predominately Mexican school. I've had some of the best, and I've done enough research to find tips, tricks and recipes to make them. Everyone at school thought I was crazy, and asked me if I knew how much work it was......I split it up on two days and I didn't think it was that bad!
Kira helped with the meat. She called herself "the meat gurl" since she can't say girl.
Evan helped with tearing the corn husks into strips. I found a job where he can destroy things, and it was right up his ally.
Kira also took the pictures, because my hands were so messy.





They turned out great. Lynn and I think they were a little on the dry side, but everyone else seemed to think they were fine. I'd do it all over again. Maybe next time my mom and Megan would like to help?? :) I can see why ladies get together to get the job done, more hands in this case would have cut the time making them!
2 comments:
Yummy...I absolutely LOVE tamales!!! It looks like you did a great job...and tell Kira good job with taking the pictures!!!!
Erin,could i get your recipe?
Pam Ireland
Post a Comment