Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break

So it's been a few weeks since Spring Break, but we had one of the BEST weeks ever! Monday was the tamale day, and Sedgwick County Park. The new playground there is so worth the trip. I think everyone else thought that too because there were like a MILLION kids there....and pretty much it seemed like they were all unsupervised. Sometimes it wouldn't surprise me if people actually dropped their kids off and said, "hey see ya in a couple of hours, have fun!" jeez! Anyway, Tuesday we went down to Chaplain Nature Center for lunch and a nature hike. Little Norah went with us. Lunch was great, I think Grandma built her muscles carrying Norah through the woods. I don't think she wanted to get her Robees dirty, she's such a girl. :) Everything was great until a certain slithery creature decided to sun himself......right in the middle of the trail.....and not move......AT ALL.........dumb snake. Thank god I was looking down, or I would have stepped right on him with Kira. Let me tell ya, a kid on each hip and trying to beat the ground with a stick so the snake doesn't charge me had to be funny for someone else watching......oh wait, my mom was. I wasn't laughing. By the time we reached the "big rocky hill" to our car I don't know who was crying louder, me or Evan......by that time I was carrying his thrashing 31 pound body. Ugh. It was also St Patricks Day, so of course we had to sport our green leprechaun ears!



I HATE YOU SNAKE!!!

Wednesday we went to the Zoo......umm just like everyone else. We got a family membership this year since we have to PAY for Kira now that she is 4. It was so fun. Evan LOVES the animals, and it was hilarious that he wasn't afraid to feed the sheep. He has no fear. I on the other hand left the farm with bruises to both legs and butt from the sheep with horns. It's going to be great to eat lamb chops, dumb sheep. After the zoo we went to Winfield to play eat a snack dinner and play games on Meg and Brent's Wii. Again, I'm pretty sure the people watching me play were getting a real show. Kira is amazingly good at bowling, she loves it.....and golf. The kids stayed up until 11:30, and were fine!


I can't believe how fast the week went, and it gives me just a taste of what life will be like this summer, I can't wait!!!! FREEDOM!!!!

No comments: