Evan of course is more interested in what's IN in the eggs. The boy loves candy. Doesn't matter what it is. If it is sweet, he'll eat it. I wonder if that works with sweet potatoes?
It rained most of the day, which was fine with me because I love a soft rain, but it made travel to Winfield a little on the damp side.
We ate a yummy dinner of ham, potatoes, spinach salad, green spring salad, bunny rolls, and for dessert lemon chiffon pie. Delicious!! I tried my hand at a fruit bouquet, with Kira's help of course. I didn't get a really good picture of it, but someone did. It had pineapple daisies, cantaloupe and honeydew leaves and strawberry and grape buds. I have to say it was pretty darn cute.....and no where near in price those edible bouquet people charge, wow.
The night before we dyed Easter eggs. Lynn HATES this tradition......yes, it is a huge mess.....BUT the kids have such a good time. I had to make Lynn leave the kitchen after Evan decided to spill out the dye on the floor. I seriously thought he was going to explode. Ah, well, it's something that the kids and I can do together. He just doesn't like messes.....and I hate to tell him that the messes won't end while we have children in the house, heck who am I kidding probably not even when they leave.
My mom always used to tell me that boring people have immaculate houses. I never really understood what that meant until I got older, but now it's my mission statement!

No comments:
Post a Comment