Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kira Phrases

Kira repeats many things that other people say. Call it being observant, or highly intelligent, but she really does listen and key into certain phrases that I use. Mostly it's me because she is around me so much, but here are a few that have been frequent the last couple of weeks.
The word probably is used too much at our house. It was one of the first "big" words that Kira attached to herself. Everything was probably this and probably that. We've moved on to
"I assume to say....." So she doesn't always use the phrase correctly, but she says it all of the time. Usually when she is trying to tell me something really important.....example, "Mommy, I assume to say that it would be really fun to play with my bendaroos this morning." Ahh, the bendaroos are a totally different story.
Last weekend she told Lynn "Ugh, daddy, that's just one more thing for me to do!" I am guilty of saying this a lot. Now it's usually followed up with..."If you do that then I have to clean it up and I won't get to play with you." Which to Evan means something, I'm not sure if Kira cares sometimes.
In the car yesterday she asked what "doubt" meant. I told her that it meant that it probably wouldn't happen. "Oh, so you doubt you will have time to take me to the library." she said. Wow, I can already tell this is going to be her new favorite word.
It always amazes me how she can take everyday conversations and implement them into her own. She thought that it was just great and really exciting that Jesus rose from the dead on Easter. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what rose means, but I'm going to ASSUME that she will PROBABLY ask and it will just be ONE MORE THING that I'm going to have to explain and I DOUBT my explanation will ever be good enough.

No comments: