Thursday, February 25, 2010

Keep'in it real....my morning

This is a post to all of the other moms/housewives out there....and also to document what a typical morning is like around here. I'm a pretty sure that Lynn wonders what in the world I do all day long. Sadly, there are days that I wonder the same thing.....although he thinks it he has only said it a few times. Probably because he knows deep down that some days with 2 kids are challenging.....and some days are productive.
I always said that one of the reasons that I wanted to stay home with my kids is so that I could play with them. Lately, I've been too busy with other "things" that I haven't been a very good "player". I've had to learn that things won't get done by themselves and usually have to get the kids involved with helping. Which is a good thing. They need to learn to do all of those things, it's just not always as fun as tossing the balloon around. :)
So, my morning looked a little like this:
  1. Up and out of bed....I don't know what time, usually Lynn's phone wakes me up
  2. Evan says "Daddy....Daddy....Daddy......just a little bit louder each time. :)
  3. Evan and I snuggle in bed while Dad is in the shower
  4. Kira wakes up....wants the same attention as Evan is getting
  5. Dad leaves
  6. Pancakes for breakfast
  7. Feed cats, which means refilling the cat food container, ugh.
  8. Run outside to get newspaper, dang it's cold!
  9. Clean up breakfast
  10. Call Aunt Meme
  11. Fix 1st cake for NK
  12. Check some stuff on the computer about the cake
  13. Realize cat threw up on bed....Lynn would have been mad....I see it as getting new clean sheets on the bed tonight, yippee!
  14. Clean up sheets, then throw everything in the washer
  15. Evan is messing with the DVD player, gets time out
  16. Clean up kitchen from cake mess
  17. start dishwasher
  18. kids are now throwing connect four pieces all over the living room, thanks uncle keke
  19. kids have to clean up living room mess
  20. carry all toys that are downstairs, upstairs
  21. carry rest of birthday stuff to basement
  22. take cake out of oven
  23. mix up next layer of cake, put in oven
  24. tell the kids when the living room is all picked up we can paint, yea!! they move faster
  25. run back upstairs to check Internet for directions on next steps for treating Boo's (goldfish)fungus, I will be hailed a Miracle Worker if he can pull out of this illness! Its sick..and sad.
  26. Mix up rock salt and water for treatment
  27. run down to basement to get painting supplies
  28. Get kids all fixed up to paint.
  29. While they are painting I clean out my coupon binder, Feb 28th is soon approaching!
  30. Finish cleaning out the purse that the BBQ sauce packet exploded in yesterday, sick.
  31. Filed all other coupons that were laying on the table since Sunday
  32. Kids need a cupcake break....with milk
  33. Remove kitchen rugs from the dryer, cat threw up on those too
  34. Take out sheets from the washer, put in the dryer
  35. Clean up snack
  36. Clean up cake mess, again
  37. Finish painting
  38. Dress kids for the day....no PJ's all day for the kids today
  39. Up the stairs to treat Boo...there are more steps to this than I can to even type. :(
  40. Pull 2nd cake out of oven in the middle of treating Boo.
  41. Boo tries to escape the tank....reminds me of Shamu story, sad again
  42. Screaming.....lots of it from all of us that Boo has had enough and is willing to jump to his death.
  43. Lid back on tank....noting reinforcements if I attempt this again today
  44. Back downstairs to finish coupons sorting
  45. Evan in naughty chair for messing with Kira's painting
  46. Hugs and I'm sorrys
  47. Make lunch.....Kira insists on a Bologna and Cheese Sandwich, with chips and an apple
  48. I heat Irish Stew for me
  49. Clean up lunch
  50. Unload dishwasher
  51. Fluff sheets in dryer and start again
  52. Read 2 books a piece to each kid
  53. Down for naps

So there you go. Lynn......there was my morning, so now you don't have to ask me what happened today. :) Although I'm sure that there will be more fun when the kids are up. It's kinda fun to think about all of the things that you just do on a daily basis. At least when I look at this I feel like I have some sort of accomplishment, even when it looks like nothing has been done.

No comments: