Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Monster Truck Rally

I'm pretty sure that Kira could compete in some type of Monster Truck event thanks to our kind friends that totally refurbished a power wheels monster chevy for us.

The truck has been in the works for months. When Henry and Tina got the truck it was about 5 different colors. Henry totally stripped it and repainted it....how you do that to a plastic truck I'll never know....but he did, and it's great. I think I might add some flames....yes flames....all monster trucks have flames, and ours will too....someday.

So we got the battery and charger yesterday. Up until then Lynn and I had been pushing the kids around the yard. Holy crap it was a workout, and to be quite honest I think that I could have and would have paid upwards of 500 bucks to have a battery do the work for me. So yesterday afternoon after nap time I put the battery in the truck and we went to go get the mail.

By the time that I had let them out of the fence in the backyard Kira had run over my toe and almost crashed into the gate. Wow, I said to myself.....Henry said that this truck could haul with a 12v in it. I was keeping the pace just fine....no problem. Then at the end of the driveway I pushed the lever all the way up. At that point I pictured somewhat of a cartoon in my head. Kira floored the pedal and the truck peeled out with both of them in it!

I wasn't worried until they were about 1/2 a block ahead of me.....then I had to start screaming that they needed to slow DOWN.
To say the least they had a blast, and I was able to just sit on the porch and watch them. Evan tried his driving skills out this morning.....he has a lot of work still left to do. Notice the tree and his complete and utter lack of watching the road.

As for Kira, well watch out, she'll be out there with the big dogs before I know it.






1 comment:

Traci said...

This is hilarious...I have been laughing reading about it!!

Case will be so jealous you have a Chevy truck...we have a gator, but he wants a truck...

I can't believe you guys have been pushing them around in it...what great parents...I would have had them push each other around if it were my kids... :)