One of the best things about not working is that I am available to go on field trips with my OWN kids. Kira had her first field trip in pre-school and we went to Bergmann's Pumpkin Farm. Evan went along too, just because Mrs. Laura said he could.
The day was windy....and cold...but both kids had a ton of fun.
We started our day with inflatables. Seriously when did pumpkin patches become amusement destinations? There were a ton of inflatables to go on. Kira's favorite was the obstacle course, and Evan's was the bouncy house. There was also a big slide that Kira did, but I didn't want to take Evan up it....not that I was scared mind you, I just didn't think other parents needed to see me take a 2 year old down a slide. So he settled on a bouncy house.
Then it was off on the hayrack ride to explore the corn maze . The sky and the dried up corn was so beautiful. I can't believe that I'm actually saying that. It was just so peaceful and calm.
Then we went to pick out our pumpkins. They let each kid have 2, so we had a bagful of pumpkins to carry out of there. Notice the "tool" that Evan got to carry. He did run with it too. Whoopsie.
I would say that the first field trip was a success. The kids were tired, and windblown and cold, but it's something that I know that they won't forget. Well, maybe Evan will....but Kira won't. :)

1 comment:
Looks like fun...I swear those #$%@ bouncy houses are every where!!!
Post a Comment